Pets and Dog Walkers

An Owner is responsible for any pets kept in a Unit, as described in the Railyard Condominiums Rules and Regulations:


The Board of Directors of the Association grants permission, herein in writing, for any resident to have pets of any weight, though all other restrictions still apply. Residents are entitled to keep up to 2 pets provided that:

  • Pets must be led to and use relief areas off the property only.

  • No animals shall be kept except household pets.

  • Such pets may not be kept or bred for any commercial purpose and shall have such care and restraint so as not to be obnoxious or offensive on account of noise, odor, or unsanitary conditions.

  • Pets are kept on a leash when outdoors.

  • Pets must never be leashed to a stationary object.

  • Pets must never be left unattended on balconies or patios.

  • Pets are not allowed to create a disturbance.

  • No savage or dangerous animal shall be kept.

  • No pets may be permitted to run loose upon the Common Elements, and any Owner who causes any animal to be brought or kept upon the premises of the Condominium Project shall indemnify and hold harmless the Association for any loss, damage, cost or liability which the Association may sustain as a result of the presence of such animal on the premises, whether or not the Association has given its permission therefore."

For the convenience of local pet owners, the HOA has make an agreement with the City of Austin to provide a Mutt Mitt glove dispenser at the lamppost on the Southeast corner of Brazos and San Jacinto. The HOA pays for the Mutt Mitts in the dispenser. The HOA will notify the City of Austin regarding failure to remove pet waste near the Railyard, as it is illegal (potential fine $86) to not pick up your dog or cat waste anywhere in the City of Austin. The relevant City Ordinance states:

" 3-3-7 Defecation by Dogs or Cats.

It shall be unlawful for any person to fail to promptly remove and dispose of, in a sanitary manner, feces left by a dog or cat being handled by that person on property, public or private, other than the premises of the owner or handler of such dog or cat."

To make a pet waste complaint in City Parks call the Park police at: (512) 974-7707.
To make a pet waste complaint on private property call the Division of Environmental Health at: (512) 972-5600.

Republic Square Park and Brush Square are often used to walk pets.

Pet walkers suggested by Owners:

Austin Dog Walker (Kevin Meadows): (512) 517-6933