Keys and Gate Access

An Owner responsible for the Unit's door key, and should contact a locksmith regarding changing or replacing locks or the door key for any reason (e.g., lost or stolen keys). An Owner obtains from the previous Owner:

  • pedestrian gate/door key fobs,

  • vehicle gate remote(s) ("gate clicker," "gate opener"),

  • hard metal key(s) for the laundry/bicycle storage rooms,

  • hard metal key(s) for the Units master beaker box,

  • hard metal key(s) for the Unit's mail box,

  • hard metal key(s) for any lock on a parking space's storage locker, and

  • hard metal key(s) for the Unit's door.

Tenants must get these items from an Owner. Key fobs allow entry into the pedestrian gates and doors by pressing them against the adjacent rectangular sensor. Pressing the crash bars on the inside of the gates allow pedestrians to exit the building. Vehicle gate remotes can open vehicle gates at a distance from within or outside the building.

The pedestrian gate keypads can be used to call a resident's phone, and the resident can then remotely open the gate for the pedestrian by pressing "9" on the phone. Filling out the New Residents Form will provide Preferred Association Management Company the information to set this up. It may take a few days before becoming active. Long distance numbers may be used, though there will be a charge for the service. Additionally, dialing "911" on the pedestrian gates keypad contacts emergency services, while "311" contacts the police information service. Speak directly into the keypad. Additional information regarding security issues is available.

The HOA is responsible for the repair and function of all key fobs, gate remotes, hard metal keys to the building or common areas, and gates and doors that allow access to the building or parts of the common areas. Contact Preferred Association Management Company if a key fob, gate remote, or hard metal key to a common area malfunctions, is lost, or is stolen; or if there is a problem with phone access of the gates via the keypads.

Doug Plas, Preferred Association Management Company: (512)627-5747

The HOA sells additional key fobs and gate remotes to Owners via Preferred Association Management Company. Each key fob costs $20, the gate remotes are $25. You may either have them mailed to you, or pick them up at the Preferred Association Management Company office upon presenting a photo ID.

Locksmiths suggested by Owners:

Texas Re-Key: (512) 929-5397

White Knight Locksmith: (512) 326-3218